When Ran Poliakine, founder of Powermat, started his company, he created something that would change the world. On a daily basis, this innovative new technology has drastically benefitted many lives. From the Powermat Facebook profile to Ran Poliakine appearing on CNN, the news about these new products is quickly spreading. However, it can be difficult to spot which charging pad may be for you. So, take a look at the top five charging pads available now to make your decision.
- Design: The Duracell Powermat is a very sleek, slim, and light charging pad with many features that make the device very easy to use. For instance, the mat has a slight magnetic pull in order to guide the phone in the correct charging position. The size of this device is also beneficial as it can charge three phones at one time.
- Compatibility: The Duracell Powermat originally specialized in iPhone charging pads, but they also make them for androids and other gadgets such as tablets. Also, it is required to have the device inside of a wireless charging case.
- Charging Time: Studies show that the Duracell Powermat charges devices for the same exact time that the AC adapter for those products charged their devices. The average time is about 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Price: The Duracell Powermat is priced by most retailers at about $70.
LG Nexus 4 Wireless Charging Orb WCP-400
- Design: This device has a very innovative design and is extremely compact. However, due to its size, this charging mat is only capable of charging one device at a time. It also has a very small access point because of its size. This makes it difficult to place devices on the mat in an optimum charging position. It may be best to not tamper with devices once they are already set on this mat.
- Compatibility: This LG charging system is compatible with devices that have a built-in Qi system. Unfortunately, this excludes iPhones unless they are in a charging case.
- Charging Time: This charging station charges devices for 3 hours and 21 minutes as opposed to the 2 hours and 18 minutes that AC adapters charged devices on average.
- Price: Generally, this device is priced around $60
Energizer Inductive Charger
- Design: This pad is very compact and versatile. For example, it allows for 3 devices to charge at one time – two on the mat and one connected with a wire. This pad is also much well known for its easy usability; however it can be difficult to get devices in optimum charging position.
- Compatibility: This charger is compatible with devices with a built-in Qi system. All other devices will require a wireless charging case.
- Charging Time: The Energizer Inductive Charger unfortunately charges devices for over an hour longer than the designated AC adapter
- Price: On average, this charger is priced at $75
Panasonic ChargePad QE-TM101-K
- Design: The Panasonic ChargePad is compact and extremely easy to use. This pad allows for the device to be placed anywhere on the surface to be charged. The pad can also hold two devices on its surface but only one device can be charged at a time.
- Compatibility: This charger is compatible with all devices with a built-in Qi system. Therefore, all other devices will need a wireless charging case in order to use this charger
- Charging Time: The charging time while using this gadget is one hour longer than the charging time while using the designated AC adapter.
- Price: The price of this gadget is roughly $60.
Powermat Foldable Portable Charging Mat (PMM-PT100)
- Design: This charger has a wildly unique design. This Powermat is foldable which makes it more ideal for travelling. It can also charge up to 3 devices simultaneously.
- Compatibility: This charging pad is compatible with hundreds of different devices
- Charging Time: The charging time is the same as it would be with the AC adapter for the designated device. This would be about 2 hour and 15 minutes.
- Price: The price of this charger is approximately $100