Everybody wants to celebrate the turn of the year in a memorable way. Visiting London on New Year’s Eve? Then for you, the one unique way that you can celebrate the New Year is by taking a cruise down the River Thames. When it comes to choosing the right cruise for you, you will have to work through several things as follows:
- The type of cruise – You need to make sure that you know what kind of cruise you want. You can opt for a scheduled dinner cruise, a fine dining cruise, or if you prefer exclusivity, opt for a private Christmas boat party. Other parties include disco parties for those who would rather dance the night away.
- Sift through cruise companies – Like any other product or service, it is important to look through your options and settle on what works best for you. You may begin by searching online in order to find a list of companies that you can then call up and talk to about the packages available that may suit your needs. One of the best ways to judge the kind of service you are most likely to get on the boat is by judging how they handle your inquiry.
- Type of company – Generally, larger boat operators will likely be able to offer you a better service as well as more choices. Find out more about the company, their fleet, and what they have on offer. If you are looking to have a black tie event, then make sure they can offer the level of formality that you need. If you are going to a disco party, then you need an atmosphere that is relaxed and more casual.
- Pricing – The truth is that you will get what you pay for. Cheap may end up being very expensive if you opt for the cheapest deal you can get. It is important for you to compare vessels that are within the same price range. Look at the styles and the value offered, e.g. a modern party boat vs. a more traditional boat within the same price range.
- The route was taken – If you have an idea of the route you would like to take and some of the sights you would want to see, be sure to discuss those before making your booking. It is also important to consider if there will be people embarking and disembarking along the way. If you would like to get off at a certain point, make sure that it is one of the stops along the way.
- Recommended party size – If you are looking to hire the boat for a private party, then be sure to find out what the recommended party sizes are. Seeing as it will be winter time, it is likely that the outside decks will not be used to the capacity of people on board may need to be less than it would be in the summer.
If you will be visiting London on New Year’s Eve, it’s bound to be a magical experience with the boats beautifully decorated, the luxurious cabins feeling cozy and warm and the delicious food and drink available as well on Thames dinner cruise.