Providing security to your home is the main criteria for everyone. But with a variety of security systems coming into play, people are quite confused with which one to choose. There are hardwired systems, wireless systems, mobile-based applications, DIY home security systems and a lot of other options available in the market. Both DIY and professional systems aim to provide security but at different levels and strengths, the need of any system depends on the type of security you are looking for. Let us have a detailed look of both the systems below.
DIY Home Security Systems
- Choice: Unlike the professional systems, you will have the flexibility to choose the type of features you want for your system. You can make the system as complex or as simple as you want them to be. If you want to add an extra surveillance camera of a different company then you can easily integrate with it.
- No Dependency: The great part about having a DIY system is to be able to handle it without any expert advice or assistance. All the options are pretty easy and simple to understand, so it can be managed by you.
- Flexibility: You will have the flexibility to change the system according to your convenience.
- No Installation: For the professional systems you will have to wait until the technician comes and installs it for you. But with DIY home security systems, you can install it on your own at your own convenient time, you don’t have to wait for anyone else to do it for you.
- Effort: You will have to set it up on your own, read the user manual or listen to the recorded instructions to understand the features of the system. You have to keep trying out all the options and if you are not able to use any feature properly then it will take a lot of time for you to figure it out. Also, it takes a lot of time to get used to the buttons and the options of the system.
- No Professional Assistance: There will be no professional person to guide you if anything goes wrong, it has to be done all by yourself.
- Equipment Cost: Even though it’s only the equipment that you need to buy, the security systems are very costly and expensive. Sometimes you might not even get a warranty for the product you bought. This can get you in trouble if your house faces a robbery or theft.
Professional Home Security Systems
- Easy Installation: The hassle of installing and deploying the system is taken care of by the company itself. You just have to relax and wait for the system to start working. You don’t have to read manuals or listen to recorded instructions to understand the install or start the system, the professional will do it for you.
- Technical Issues: If there are any technical issues with the system then you won’t have to sit and figure it out, just inform it to the team and they will get it right for you. This avoids the time wasted for figuring out things.
- More Features: The systems keeps updating with new features to enhance security.
- Guarantee Of Security: There is more security of security when it comes to professional systems. The DIY systems need to switch on and off manually. There is no guarantee of them working every day. But in the case of a professional system, it is not a small equipment that can be switched off or on. The company manages and keeps it working 24/7.
- Installation Cost: Having a professional do the installation for you is great as it helps from the technical perspective. But if we want someone else to install it for us then it will cost you bomb.
- Damage Cost: If there is any small damage, the system will not function properly. And the company has to repair it for you and the expense for it will be costly. It is equal to the amount you put for a new system.
- Dependency: For every small thing or issue, you need to keep calling the professionals to fix it. The systems are in such a way that it can be handled only by professionals.