Right after the millennium, the major revolution we see up till today is of Technology. Technology has played an eminent role in bringing the modernization in every aspect of our lives. The Internet is the most common technology made available to people about 26 years ago. The World Wide Web indeed has its strong hold on every chore of people life. This internet has not only made significant advancement in the technological field but also the educational aspect of the people. The Internet has effective side effects on the communication style of the students.
There was a time when students used to rush to libraries or other bookshops to get the books having relevant information about the subject. They had to invest their days to collect material for their research. However, the world has become a global village because of this internet. The web has literally connected many people around the globe with each other. It has opened several opportunities for learning for students. Student tends to collaborate with one another more easily now to study. The learning is not bounded to institute and classrooms any more rather it may penetrate across the borders because of the internet.
Sources on the Internet Changed the Way Students Learn
This blog is solely focused on the transformation in learning methods that internet has created;
- Google Search Engine: Long gone are the days when the students would waste their precious hours on searching single subject from books and libraries. Now they have instant access to world information within seconds. Larry Page and Sergey Brin, the students of Stanford University invested a search engine named Google search engine to get information about any subject. It has revolutionized the pattern of learning in student these days. A teacher may assign them a tough and critical thinki8ng assignment to which they will research on Google and bring expert work. However, on the other hand, according to some scientist, the extensive use of Google has resulted in negative impact on memorization skill of students.
- Ted Talks: Ted (Technology, Entertainment, and Design) Talks were first initiated in 1984 however, they were firstly available online back in 2006. The Ted Talks involves short speeches and discussion on current issues or motivation sessions. From superstars to entrepreneurs, everyone has given TED Talks. Some of the crucial educational topics are discussed in Ted talks which affect students learning.
- Quora: Quora works same like Google search engine. However, the phenomenon is a little different including several people answering on the same platform. Quora functions with a person stating a question to which many of the experts, entrepreneurs, amateurs, professors and students answers also offering suggestions and opinions.
- Encourages creativity: Internet has opened doors for students to incorporate minute details in their assignment, work, assessment, and projects. They may get inspired by taking ideas from YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and other websites. The Internet has opened a whole new level of sources to acquire assistance for projects. Learning and adding these little details in your work may maximize your creativity.
- Intellectual Exchanges: Students, experts, amateurs all around the globe are interlinked with each other these days. Internet serves as a portal to connect the people worldwide. Due to this, the chances to exchange information have been increased. The information of renowned authors, researchers and facilitators are not limited to themselves rather they may share it on public platforms by publishing their lectures or videos on YouTube, Blogspot, WordPress, and many other platforms.
- Online schooling: Internet has not only facilitated student to collaborate and learn together. Rather they it encourage them to learn on themselves. They no longer have to register or enroll in expensive coursework to acquire knowledge of their interest. Rather they may register in online courses extracting information from E-journals, Research works, and E-books. Web-based searching and learning have highly encouraged among students.
- Social media collaboration: Internet has enabled students to collaborate on different social application to improve or ease up their education hassles. Student of the same class or subject interest often forms a Facebook group, Whatsapp group in order to learn collectively about a subject. They share ideas, thoughts, discussion, and arguments online from any corner of the world.
There are several research works conducted on the advancement of technology. It is a vast subject that researcher tends to investigate with a period of time. Researchers may take Dissertation Help Online to understand properly how the internet impacts the learning pattern of students.