If you have a business website and are looking for the best technique to raise its search ranking, you have to pay attention to search engine optimisation (SEO). Without applying efficient SEO tips and tricks, you cannot expect your website to show up on the top rank of search engines. Search engine optimisation intends to make a website highly visible on the search engines. There are different SEO tactics and it is worth mentioning that without quality content, no SEO strategy will be successful. Having said that, let’s make you familiar with the significant SEO principles. After that we will shift focus to some vital SEO metrics you need to check for ensuring remarkable performance of your website.
Top SEO Principles
- Search engine optimisation is nothing without quality content. Unique, flawless and informative content does not qualify to be called quality content unless and until it is engaging. At first, you need to produce high quality content and then, make best possible efforts to popularise it. Once you upload an article, you can share its link on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus. The number of likes and re-tweets and positive reviews for your article will be tracked by Google and the search engine giant will appreciate your content to be good quality.
- Make sure that the title of your articles includes relevant keywords. This helps to increase the search rankings.
- You must be firm to say good bye to reciprocal links. They have lost value in search engine optimisation in course of time.
Therefore, this is all about the SEO principles that are of prime importance. Now, let’s discuss about some key SEO metrics that every website owner must check with constancy.
Top SEO Metrics
There are several SEO metrics and the five most important among them are as follows.
- Traffic sources (provides information about the consumers visiting a website and the source from where they are finding the link of the website)
- Impressions report (offers information about the number of times a particular URL from a website comes into view in organic search results and also, about the queries for which the URL appears)
- Bounce rates report (lets you know about the span of time a visitor stays on your website)
- Conversion goals report (consists information about the number of customers converting to buyers and the factors influencing them to convert and how they are converting to buyers)
- Blog post views (gives information about the performance of blog content)
By checking all these SEO metrics, you can get an idea regarding where and how to channelize your efforts and resources in order to boost the search ranking of your website. For instance, traffic sources help to identify the source of your highest website traffic and impressions report lets you be aware of the search terms mostly used by your potential customers. On the other hand, bounce rate report discloses whether your website has the potential to hold the attention of a reader for a longer time-span and conversion goals report makes you familiar with the people who have converted to buyers. Blog post views divulge the fact whether the blog posts are being appreciated or being blasted.
In short, these metrics open up scope of improvements for your website.
So, now you know about the important SEO principles and SEO metrics. Apply this knowledge to boost the search ranking of your website. In case you are not feeling confident about doing this job on your own, you can consult an experienced SEO professional to carry out the task efficiently.